Friday, January 13, 2017

Divisional Round!


NFL Divisional Round is here. Basically, the 8 SuperBowl Hopefuls.

Thoughts from Last Week


1. Every game went exactly how I thought it would go.
2. 4-0.
3. It's a real shame that the Raiders lost Derek Carr. Who knows how far they would've gotten.
4. Sorry, Texans, not nearly sold on Osweiler.
5. That boat trip, whether they won or not, will always hang over their head. See Tony Romo a few years ago against that same Giants team.
6. The Packers, are playing lights out.
7. If I were Dallas, I would be very fearful of one Aaron Rodgers.
8. No ROOKIE QB has ever made it to the SuperBowl as a starter.
9. That Seahawks played good at home. Intrigued to see how they play on a cross country trip.
10. The Steelers looked great, I was very surprised how they put it all together.


Saturday January 14th


(FOX) Seahawks  at Falcons  - The last time they played earlier this season, a lot of people thought Sherman got away with what would have been a pass interference call. It would have been an opportunity for the Falcons to either score a TD or kick a field goal to win. It was not called. Since then, the Falcons lead the league in points and got the second seed. I know the Seahawks have playoff swagger, and very well could win this game, but I think the Falcons are on a bit of a revenge kick. The offensive line for the Seahawks is garbage, so look for some blitzes coming from the Falcons. Won't be a blowout, but I believe the Falcons barely win. Falcons 27, Seahawks 24

(CBS) Texans at Patriots  - The Patriots, with a backup QB, blanked the Texans earlier this season. Now, enter Tom Brady. And this is going to be a blowout. Patriots 34, Texans 9



Sunday January 15th 


(NBC) Steelers at Chiefs - I was very surprised at the Steelers last week. Big problem though, Big Ben through some stupid interceptions and if he makes those same mistakes against the Chiefs, well Big Ben will be at home by the end of Sunday. Chiefs, rested, killer defense, okay offense. They need to score, set the tone, or else that trio of Rothlesomething, Bell, and Brown will score and score often.  The last time they played, the Steelers manhandled the Chiefs. I think the Steelers go to Arrowhead and do it again. Steelers 27, Chiefs 13


(FOX) Packers at Cowboys - Here's my dilemma. I love the Cowboys, but I'm not stupid enough to say, HEY THEY ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL. rookie QB. Look, I fell in love with Dak who is everything I hope he will be and more in the future, but the Packers, look at them. Holy Penguin Fights, they are playing amazing. DISMANTLED the Giants last week. Sure, Dallas beat the Packers earlier this season. So what. None of that matters. The Packers have been on a mission since Rodgers declared they could run the table. I think Dallas has surpassed everyone's expectations, and I am hopeful they win, but if they let Rodgers roam free, and pick them apart, they will be looking at the season as a big step for future seasons. Right now, I think the Packers beat Dallas. Packers 24, Cowboys 20


Saturday Home teams win*
Sunday, Road teams win. 

Happy Divisional Playoff round.

*Ready for the Seahawks haters to come in and yell. Know that I picked Dallas to lose, so shut your beaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment