Thursday, September 7, 2017

NFL IS BACK! WEEK 1 - Predictions, picks, and all the other stuff to Super Bowl LII

Hello Everyone,

It's here. Week 1. Is. here. Nothing like this is exciting in any other sport. I mean, to be honest I don't obsess about any other sport other than the NFL. I added more NBA to my repertoire this season, because it seems to be a lot of drama over there, but NFL. NFL is still king. 

All roads from tonight on lead to Super Bowl LII. It's easy to say the Patriots will be there, but then again, nothing is ever easy. With that. Here goes.


AFC East - Until Tom Brady can no longer play. This is his division. Every Chowder head in the New England area is currently pre gaming right this moment. Look, they are a great team. Will they win a sixth this year? I don't know. I could say they face stiff competition, but their division, as usual, is a tad bit weak. The Dolphins, if Tannenhill was the QB over that turd of a human Jay Cutler, I would say Dolphins would finish higher. But they don't. The Bills, had some questionable trades, which I don't understand at all, unless it was strictly to free up money, and I don't even know who the QB for the Jets is. It's Patriots and then the other 3 teams. 
  1. Patriots
  2. Dolphins
  3. Bills
  4. Jets
Patriots will start off hot this season, and hit a slump, but still win the division, easily. 

AFC North - Steelers will own this division. Look, they made some killer moves this offseason. Every one seems healthy. I think they could make one hell of a run. Ravens, for all it's worth could be right behind them in the division, and still make a bit of a splash, possibly a wild card team. Bengals, well I don't know how Marvin Lewis has lasted so long. Browns. Poor Browns. They have a legit QB I am excited to see play, but they still have not supported him with enough weapons on offense. Defense will be pretty good, but not enough to win them 10 games. 
  1. Steelers
  2. Ravens
  3. Bengals
  4. Browns 
AFC South - Not sure why, but every year I want the Jaguars to be good, and they are not. Look, the Titans though. They looked good at the end of last season before injuries derailed them. I think they will build on that. The Colts, well they do not have a QB to speak of. Luck is still out, and they don't have much of an offense, and their defense is just dog crap. Now the big surprise that will not be a surprise, is the Texans. They have a young talented QB, and plenty of weapons on offense. I think they will surprise some teams, but I think the Titans sneak and win this division. 

  1. Titans
  2. Texans
  3. Colts
  4. Jaguars
AFC West  - Let's take a second to talk about possibly the best division in the AFC. Look at the teams, from top to bottom, each of them could win this division. The Raiders though, will dominate it. One injury on either team, and another team could slide in to steal the division. But that Raiders/Chiefs game will be intense this season. Watch. I hate picking a division winner here. But...
  1. Raiders
  2. Chiefs
  3. Broncos
  4. Chargers

Wild Card Teams - Chiefs, Ravens



NFC East - I, a Cowboys fan, go into every season with a little hesitation. I am not sure how they are going to be this season. They could be really good, or spiral. That defense, for all it's worth, has still not been addressed.They have gaping holes on that side of the ball and will be exposed. The Giants, Redskins, and Eagles, well I don't care to comment about any of them because they are all pretty stupid. Fun fact: The NFC East has not had a repeat champ since the Donovan McNabb Eagles won 4 straight, last in 2004. I don't see that changing this year. I don't believe Dallas is built to win the division or a Super Bowl this year. 

  1. Giants
  2. Eagles
  3. Cowboys
  4. Redskins
NFC North - I think the Bears are the worst of this division. You can toss in the Vikings just in front of them. The Packers and Lions are the two best teams in the North. Each game in the division is always a must watch. Probably one of my favorite divisions in all of Football. I think the Packers win this division, and they advance far into the playoffs. Wouldn't count the Lions out, they could be a 10-11 win wild card team.

        1. Packers
        2. Lions
        3. Vikings
        4. Bears

NFC South - Sure was wrong about the Panthers last season, Falcons too. Look the Falcons had a chance, and squandered that by not playing defense in the second half of the Super Bowl. Typically the Super Bowl loser has a bit of a hangover and does not have a great season. I don't believe the Falcons will fall of that much, but I don't think they will be great. Bucs though, look out for them. I think the Panthers make a comeback this season. Sorry Saints, you're back to the 'Aints.

       1. Panthers 
       2. Buccaneers 
       3. Falcons 
       4. Saints 

NFC West- I am not a fan, but watch the Seahawks this season. They will dazzle a lot and win a lot. The Cardinals, eh. Not to sure they will be good. The latter two, well they are fighting for last place. 

    1. Seahawks
    2. Cardinals
    3. 49ers
    4. Rams 

Wildcard teams - Buccaneers/Eagles


NFL offensive ROY - Leonard Fournette (Jaguars
NFL defensive ROY - Myles Garrett
NFL MVP - Aaron Rodgers
NFL POY - David Johnson
NFL defensive POY - JJ Watts


(Laughs) That's the closest the Vikings will get to a Super Bowl in quite some time hahahah



Super bowl LII - My pick. Packers vs Patriots How I came to this conclusion? Well, Tom Brady. That's it. That's how I came to the conclusion for the Patriots. I mean it won't be easy. I can see the Steelers giving them one hell of an AFC Championship game. Packers will have to topple the Seahawks and Buccaneers, but they squeak it out. I think the Packers are built for a run this year. I think they win one of the most exciting games of all time in the Super Bowl, a last minute TD pass. Packers 34, Patriots 31

Power Rankings
Top 5:
1. Patriots
2. Packers
3. Falcons
4. Steelers
5. Seahawks

Bottom 5:
32. Rams
31. 49ers
30. Saints(FOX)
29. Chargers
28. Browns

Week 1

THURSDAY BABY!

(NBC) Chiefs at Patriots - Tom Brady. Primetime. No way they lose. It will be a good game, because Andy Reid is a good coach. But the Hoodie on the other side is actually much better. Even without some of his weapons, the kid who will go down as the greatest QB in NFL history will take down the Chiefs. Patriots 24, Chiefs 13


Sunday September 10th

Bucs/Dolphins has been postponed until week 11. So those two essentially have bye weeks.

Please stay safe, Florida people. 


(CBS) Jets at Bills - I honestly don't know what to think of either team. The Bills really did not have a great offseason, and I couldn't pick the Jets QB off of a wanted poster if there were two people on it. The Bills, have some consistency, they still have Tyrod Taylor, but they traded away their star receiver. I think the Bills, since it's at home, win. Bills 21, Jets 13

(FOX) Falcons at Bears - I have no hope for the Bears. Sure, they always have a good defense. But that offense does not look like it will win them any games. They are a 5-11 team at best. Falcons, well they can prove they weren't a one year wonder by beating teams they are supposed to beat. And they will. Falcons 31, Bears 7

(CBS) Ravens at Bengals - Any time two division foes square off, and one loses,they are put at an immediate disadvantage toward winning the division. this is one of those games. Sure the Bengals and Ravens always play each other tough, but with so much to play for at the beginning of the season, you have to get out and start fast. I think the Bengals find a way to win a close one at home. Bengals 17, Ravens 13

(CBS) Steelers at Browns - Sorry Browns, like the paragraph before, but you lose. Steelers 27, Browns 17

(FOX) Cardinals at Lions - What could potentially be a great game. Two strong offenses, and an MVP Candidate in David Johnson. Cardinals had a problem last season starting games strongly. They would spot a team points, and play catch up. If they want to make the playoffs, they need to start fast. The Lions, need to work on tempo, and keep the defense off the field for long stretches. I think it's close, but the Cardinals win in OT. Cardinals 24, Lions 21

(CBS) Jaguars at Texans -  One of the games I'm giddy to watch. Although I'm a little miffed at how, after Hurricane Harvey, the Texans can host a home game. Either way, two young offenses going toe to toe. Texans have a better defense, but I'm excited to see what this game can be, and what the teams can be like for the future. I think the Texans, for Houston, will win one. Texans 20, Jaguars 14

(CBS) Raiders at Titans - This is the what could have been game. If Carr and Mariotta don't get hurt, what does 2016 season end like for them. The Raiders are stacked on offense and a stout defense. Titans aren't too shabby either. This is one of those games that will be back and forth and I think the Raiders squeak it out. Raiders 27, Titans 24

(FOX) Eagles at Redskins - Two teams I loathe. I think the Eagles with their 2nd year QB will have a good shot to take down the Redskins and their franchised three times QB. I wish neither good things, but if one team had to win, I'd take the Eagles over the Redskins. Eagles 34, Redskins 20

(CBS) Colts at Rams  - LA Rams back again, but they still suck. They are one of those teams that still do not have an identity. Colts have one, but Luck isn't playing and he might be out for a while. Thing is, Colts still have a crap defense. I think the Rams can steal a game here. Rams 21, Colts 17



(FOX) Seahawks at Packers - Holy crap. This is the game of the week! The Seahawks and the Packers. Look, at the end of the season this will probably be the NFC Championship game as well. I Fully expect one of those down to the minute back and forth games. I am excited to see this. I think both teams are Super Bowl Caliber, but at home, Aaron Rodgers is pretty damn good at home. Tight game. Packers 20, Seahawks 16


(FOX) Panthers at 49ers - I don't expect much out of the 49ers this season. They are in rebuilding mode. Panthers have an opportunity to return to the super bowl conversation, but this is a game they have to win in order to avoid the slump of last season. Panthers 27, 49ers 17

(NBC) Giants at Cowboys - These two always seem to kick the Sunday night season off. No different. Two hungry division rivals, both can take a commanding lead and show they are the real deal. I think the Giants, have a slightly better team. Definitely more experienced QB, and a receiver that I'm not sure the Dallas defense (weakfense) can contain. Giants 31, Cowboys 24


MONDAY NIGHT GAMES

(ESPN) Saints at Vikings - No home team has ever played in the Super Bowl. Trust me. The Vikings will not be the first. They have an okay offense, but the defense is stout. Most teams hosting the Super Bowl have abysmal records that season. Saint, forgot about you. Your team is not good. However, this should be a good game to kick off the MNF season. Saints 24, Vikings 20

(ESPN) Chargers at Broncos - Not sure what to think of the Chargers every season. Slow start. Exciting winning parts in the middle. Crap ending. If they are to ever be successful, because we all know LA demands that their teams aspire to be great, they have to avoid bad starts to the season. The Broncos, can be beat. The Chargers usually play them tough, so this should be a good game. But, they will lose. Broncos 27, Chargers 23



Happy NFL SEASON!

No comments:

Post a Comment