Thursday, September 14, 2017

NFL Week 2

Well, that was one heck of a week one. I went 9-6 last week (the Bucs/Dolphins game was moved to week 11). So that was a productive week. Saw some surprises.

Notes 

- Besides the Chiefs fans, no one saw that utter destruction of the Patriots coming. Don't lie. You did not. My friend Scott, who I've known since our high school days, knew it. Trust me, he has gloated.
- That Packers game. Wow, they looked great. I never expect to see the Seahawks not score a TD. They need to find a way to score on that field, because the NFC championship game might be going through Lambeau.
- Speaking of, Rams. They looked amazing. 46 points last week.
- Jaguars, they seem like they are poised for that breakout season. I will proceed with hesitation.
- Browns showed some life. Not a lot, but some life.
- The Vikings* looked good too. They might be a contender for the NFC North.
    *note to the note - We saw this last season, and about 6 games in, they started to reveal themselves to be contenders for the bottom 10 in the league.
-Hugely disappointed by the Giants, Texans, PatriotsBengals. Neither looked good. One player doth not a team make, Giants. (Beckham)
- Chargers, looking like the same  team of yore. As in bad. Every season, potential. Then they play from behind, and can't manage to win games even when they make a comeback. One Day, now Los Angeles Team. One. Day.

Power Rankings

Top 5
1. Packers
2. Chiefs - looked great
3. Raiders
4. Vikings 
5. Steelers - Sorry guys, beating the Browns really does not earn you any points. 

Bottom 5

32. Colts
31. Browns
30. Jets
29. 49ers
28. Bears









Thursday September 14th

(NBC) Texans (0-1) at Bengals (0-1) - Neither of these teams are what I thought they would be. I thought the Texans, with that defense, would be able to get past the Jaguars. Bengals, well, I thought they'd at least be competitive last week. Nope to neither. Texans get to go on the road, and try to bounce back. I think the Bengals, for what it's worth, will not have a great season. You start slow in the AFC North you typically don't get back up. If they want to try, they have to win tonight. I think they squeak out a W.  Bengals 20, Texans 17

Sunday September 18th

(CBS) Browns (0-1) at Ravens (1-0)  - I mean, it has to get easier someday, right? Browns that is. That's directed at the browns. Look, they played the Steelers tough, but they have to build on last week and move forward. So, I am going out on a limb. The Browns get that first W of the season. Browns 24, Ravens 20

(CBS) Bills (1-0) at Panthers (1-0) - Cam Newton plays light out at home. Now that they have a new weapon in that Christian McCaffrey guy, I expect that to be amped up a notch. Panthers at home, I can see them winning. Bills really weren't that impressive last week Panthers 27, Bills 13

(FOX) Cardinals (0-1) at Colts (0-1) -  any one else think the Colts look terrible? They could be this years Browns. If Andrew Luck doesn't return soon, we could see a potential 0-16 Colts team. With that, I'm rooting for their failure. Cardinals 31 - Colts 7

(CBS) Titans (0-1) at Jaguars (1-0)  - Don't get your hopes up yet, Jaguars fans. You guys played great, but the Texans are notoriously flip floppy. Plus they are coming off the Hurricane Harvey. So they were bound to play bad with their minds elsewhere. So with that, the Titans are a different team. They will come to play. I think this is going to be a close, good game. Titans 19, Jaguars 16






(FOX) Eagles (1-0) at Chiefs (1-0) - Chiefs looked like they could take on anyone and slap them in the mouth last week. I mean, they dominated the Patriots. Will that happen to the Eagles? I don't know. Eagles looked good. Not Super Bowl caliber, but they look like they can play. Wentz, not sold on him, and if he doesn't play up to par, he will get the Chiefs all over him. I think the Chiefs win. Chiefs 34, Eagles 20

(CBS) Patriots (0-1) at Saints (0-1) - Sorry, Saints, no way the Patriots lose two in a row. Patriots 27, Saints 20

(FOX) Vikings (1-0) at Steelers (1-0) - I am thoroughly impressed by the Vikings. Sam Bradford for one. The Steelers, well they are always looking good. This is one of those games that could be a tough one. I think the Steelers win. Steelers 17, Vikings 10

(FOX) Bears (0-1) at Buccaneers (0-0) - Having not played last week, the Bucs got an extra week of rest/preparation. I think, as talented as their team is, they come out and beat the Bears down. Bucs 41, Bears 10

(CBS) Dolphins (0-0) at Chargers (0-1)  Dolphins got an extra week off, and that means prep. Their defense is strong, I'm wary of that offense with Jay Turnover at QB. I think the Chargers find a way to win their first game in L.A. Chargers 20, Dolphins 13

(CBS) Jets (0-1) at Raiders (1-0) - Jets can definitely be in the 0-16 club. Get them losses, Baby! Raiders 31,  Jets 12

(FOX) Cowboys (1-0) at Broncos (1-0) - Normally i don't like to pick the Cowboys, but Dax is 10-0 against non division opponents. Will he become 11-0? I do not know. But I think this is a good test for a surprising Dallas team that was able to lock down the Giants. Broncos, barely held off the Chargers. Game could've went to overtime. I think Dallas, for what it's worth, steals the game. Cowboys 24, Broncos 20

(FOX) Redskins (0-1) at Rams (1-0) - Um, I did not see that doing. Not that win. They dominated last week. Tougher test with the Redskins, but if they play like they did last week, look out. I think that it's a tough grind out win this week. Redskins 17, Rams 13

(FOX) 49ers (0-1) at Seahawks (0-1) - I'll save everyone some time. The Seahawks at home, a crappy 49ers team. Seahawks 42, 49ers 9

(NBC) Packers (1-0) at Falcons (1-0) Rematch of the NFC Championship game. I think the Packers looked much more impressive than the Falcons last week. However, the Falcons are opening their new stadium and I think it's going to be crazy there. I think  the Falcons win a close close game. Falcons 24, Packers 22


MONDAY


(ESPN ) Lions (1-0) at Giants (0-1) - Look, the Lions were impressive. The Giants were not. I think that the Giants, at home, possibly with Beckham, can win it. Thing is, the Giants defense, for all the money spent, looked terrible. You're talking about a Lions team with a lot of weapons. That's why, I think the Lions, steal a game monday night. Lions 34, Giants 21

Happy NFL Week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment